Not dead, but extremely busy. Between working full time, training for a triathlon part-time and hangin’ out in my spare time, I don’t get a lot of sleep.
So… highlights? For brevity’s sake, three updates and a picture.
1. Brown Paper Bag is doing well, and the response is better than I expected. Blogging is hard work! I’m constantly trying to keep it fresh and think of new stuff. Connecting with people across the world is cool too.
2. One of my best buddies, Laura, came to visit me in Baltimore last week. We spent four days hanging out and on Saturday night saw Hot Chip. One of the best concert’s I’d seen in a while. This starts a crazy amount of shows I’m seeing in May/June. In order (after Hot Chip): Yeasayer, Beach House, Wye Oak, The National, The New Pornographers/the Dodos.
3. I got accepted to an artist residency in Vermont. In September, I’m going to spend a couple of weeks in rural Vermont and make some art, listen to artists and writers and generally do arty stuff. Yoga studio on campus. Very exciting. A little concerned about getting all my stuff on a plane, but I’ll figure it out.
And finally, the photograph. What I’m working on. Due May 10. A race against time.
Sorry guys! It’s been a little while. I guess my “I’ll post Monday-Wednesday-Friday” thing fell by the wayside. Sometimes I just don’t have anything to say/post!
A background added to this piece. Overall, I am happy and done. I can’t work on it any longer. For celebration, I am buying myself gummy worms tonight, even though I went on a bit of a shopping spree today. Two pairs of shoes and a top – not my normal MO.
I’ve been running a lot more and really enjoying it. I received my iPod shuffle which is a dream. It is so light and clips onto my clothing easily, and I sort of like that I have little control over what’s played (other than ff’d through things). I’ve decided to run the Baltimore Marathon’s 13.1 mi course this fall. I have enlisted my dad for help in a training schedule. I always find I need something to work for. After the triathlon (June 20), I’m going to see if I can find another race between the tri and the half marathon. Look at me!
Here’s what I’ve been working on for a little while, all the pieces put together. I still have sketches of conjuring up some sort of background (something simple…) but I thought I would put this up for now. It’s at a point where it could be complete.
I have had internet issues for a while, and I couldn’t figure out if it was my computer or the router. Well, the router bit the dust this weekend so I replaced it and things are so much better! I can watch my internet tv again! This has caused me to watch Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution, which is both mesmerizing and sad to me. I try not to eat a lot of processed food and cook with fresh veggies, but I still love that greasy pizza and sweets. The people he’s trying to help… live in another food universe. Pizza everyday! Chicken nuggets! French fries on a regular basis. Crazy unhealthy!
Just a scan – Still chugging a long. Hopefully to be done by this weekend?
In other news, it is HOT outside. I know it’s boring to talk about the weather, so can we address the fact that:
a. Early April should NOT be 90 degrees?
b. It should NOT be too hot to run at 6:30AM in early April.
Also, did anyone here watch The Adventures of Pete and Pete when they were younger? Remember the episode with the phone that just.keeps.ringing? This seems to have happened outside my apartment. Every morning between 7 and 8 am there is a phone that rings for pretty much the whole hour. Weird, no?
A quick scan of what I’ve sorta been working on.
I was in NY last weekend and obviously didn’t get much work done. I did see a great paper show at the Museum of Art and Design, met up with Jen Collins (whom I met through Brown Paper Bag!) and hung around Red Hook in my friend’s wonderful new apartment.
No post yesterday, so today!
Sometimes I procrastinate because I know I have to paint and don’t want to. It’s not for lack of enjoyment – it is because I have such limited space on my desk to do so. I wish my work space was large enough to accommodate such wishes.
In other news, I did a little impromtu cleaning this evening and found a couple of things:
1. an old, skinny brown leather belt that I thought was gone FOREVER.
2. my N64. I needed that a few months back.
3. my extra yoga mat. doesn’t do me much good though, because the one I stole is so.much.better.